HSEQ Module explained
1. What can this module do
This module is designed to allow the user to capture all health, safety, environmental events that may occur. The module allows the user to select from a variety of forms that suits the event and with a few clicks a report can be generated and shared. The reports include the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Near Miss
- Hazard observations
- Behavioral observations
- Near miss
These forms is designed to record the required information in order to comply with the minimum criteria necessary to create a report.
2. Setting up templates
Each form has a template that can be modified in order to capture all the information you may require. To edit a template select the Settings button that appears on the module page (Note that users cannot edit templates)
The table will show all the fields that are currently included in the template. Note that there are some fields that cannot be deleted from the template as they are essential to record the minimum amount of data to create an entry.
More fields can be added to create your own unique template.
Current fields for an accident/incident report is:
- Project name - this identifies your project. The name can be changed to something else if so required.
- Location - identifies the place where the report was recorded
- Type of incident/accident - this is a list of types and include the following: (Can be changed to suit your organization)
- Not sure - Administrator to determine
- Lost Time Injury
- First Aid Injury
- Non-work Related injury
- Procedural Breach
- Medical Treatment Injury
- Serious Potential Incident
- Restricted Work Injury
- Property Damage
- Systems failure
- Description of the incident - here is where the detail can be filled in that describes what happened and how it happened.
Other fields that are helpful and important is shown below and can be added and named to allow the user to follow a simple step-by-step form:
- Long Text fields,
- Date/Time fields
- Image fields
- Short text
- Yes/No fields
- Yes/No/NA fields
- Compulsory field - makes the field compulsory so that the user cannot skip this step.
- Action field - This creates an action and the information of this field will be transferred to the Action Management module. Read more about Action Management here.
- Don't show in app - this field is used when the administrator does not want this to appear in the app (smartphone) Handy to use as additional information that will be entered by the administrator.
3. Using the module
Like all the other modules, this module is the basis of all HSEQ reporting and all users will have access to this module on their smartphones or using their login on a computer.
Each new report will have a unique document number and also have a digitally signed ID that identifies the device that was used for creating the report.
The user has the option to select recipients for the specific report once submitted. The user can also save the report as draft to submit later.
4. What happens to Actions created in the reports
All reports have some form of action that will require attention by a responsible person. In the design of the system all actions created is captured in a register that can be filtered by Project, Recipient or Status. If this module is not available for your company ask your administrator to select the module on the subscriptions page and add it to your HSEQ Manager app toolbox.
5. Data collected - insight
Data allows us to determine where things go wrong - this can be in the form of lead or lag indicators. Data is also useful to determine statistics. Statistics can be viewed on the Summary page where the reports generated - these include (sample report)
- Reports by Project
- Reports by type
- Reports by users
Advanced Dashboard summary the administrator will be able to use the information to determine essential statistics for improvement.